Saturday, January 11, 2014

Chocolate Chip Roll-Out Cookies

After experimenting with those fun Cookie Pops, I decided to experiment with different cookie flavors.  I needed to find some recipes that would be fairly easy to prepare without too many different ingredients (my four Peas don't let me linger too long in the kitchen these days). 

I started out by visiting one of my favorite bloggers, Sweet Sugarbelle, to see if she had any recipe ideas.  I was really excited to see a few fun flavors!  The question would be, are they easy and quick to prepare??

The first flavor I tried...Chocolate Chip:


These were good!!  The dough was fairly quick to whip up, but the "chill for 30 minutes" threw me off a bit.  I'm used to rolling out and stamping my dough immediately.  I also think this dough will work best with medium shape cutters that don't have small angles...for example, I would probably stick with basic shapes (circle, square, oval, etc), instead of intricate cutters (some animals, leaves, etc).  This is because of the chocolate chips.  You need to press the cutters down pretty hard to cut through the dough, and small areas will probably break off easily from the chocolate chips.  Also, I will cook them for a bit longer next time...they were just shy of being undercooked, and I think another minute or two would have helped.  I will definitely be making these again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment