Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Cookie Pops

From the beginning, I always told myself that I would never try cookie pops.  I was terrified of them!  How would the sticks be strong enough to hold up an icing covered cookie?!  When I saw Sweet Sugarbelle's post about making cookie pops, she made it look so easy that I went against my fears.

 
 
Sugarbelle suggested making the cookie a bit thicker, which I did.  My cookies are normally 1/4" thick, but for these made them 3/8" thick.  I was lazy, and really didn't feel like going to the craft store to hunt for the cute swirly sticks...but then I remembered that I had a bunch left over from my oldest Pea's birthday party a couple of years ago!  I found them and shoved those suckers in the unbaked cookies (about half way).
 
They came out of the oven perfectly...the stick didn't show on the back and nothing happened to the stick (I was a little nervous about putting the stick in the oven).  I let them cool and sit for 8 hours before I even touched them!
 
I decorated them and followed Sugarbelle's last step, which was inserting one of those white lollipop sticks (I used them when I made chocolate lollipops) into the decorative swirly stick and adding a bead of white icing at the bottom to prevent it from slipping out.  Worked like a charm!

 
 
I was really surprised how sturdy they turned out.  I think I've finally gotten over my fears of making the pops...now my next concern is presentation.  What are some ways these cookie pops can be displayed?  I would love to hear your ideas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment