Thursday, February 28, 2013

My Precious is Back!



My Precious is back!  My Precious is back!

For those of you who don't know, back in January my external hard drive crashed (link to post here).  You know, the one where I backed up ALL my photos.  Yup, everything GONE.

My process has always been:  Back up onto CD's, then move the photos from my computer to my external hard drive.  Well, I became busy (and who wouldn't be, with three small Peas?), so I was behind on my backing up.  The last CD was for May of 2011.  So, when the EHD crashed, I lost from June of 2011 until December of 2012, PLUS all of my youngest Pea's baby photos (yes, he was born in 2010, but I had a separate folder for his first year pics that I didn't back up either). 

So, after crying and throwing multiple tantrums (yes, I am a closet 2 year old), I worked with a couple of places to try and get my photos back. 

Yesterday, I met up with one of the techs from Cerberus, and we went through what they were able to recover.  There is one more folder he's trying to work through, but I got the majority of my photos back!!!!  Best. Day. Ever.  The only thing I don't see so far (I haven't looked through the photos he's currently working on) are my youngest Pea's baby photos.  I can see it now..."Mommy, why do my brother and sister have big baby scrapbooks and mine only has 10 pictures in it?".  Poor third Pea.  This makes me sad.  I'm really hoping this awesome tech guy can find them.

But, right now I will do my happy dance and go through the photos that were saved...and BACK THEM UP!!

No comments:

Post a Comment